We’ve compiled a list of onsite search engine optimisation tips for you!
Some you can do your self or if you need help implementing these changes or have any general website design questions please let us know by contacting us.
1. Make use of good title tags for example use your main keyword here along with secondary terms – but don’t over stuff but also make them read well as these are read by users too – not just search engines.
2. Description tags- again use a couple of keywords here – don’t over use and keep them readable for users – include calls to action or special offers to help with click through rate.
3. Meta tags – not so important these days but again it’s no harm in adding them – add about 10 to each page comma separated.
4. H1 – h4 headings use these like headings on a magazine where h1 is the main attention grabber down to the smaller sign off headings for h4 – include a few related keywords in each h tag.
5. Body text – write for a human not what you think a search engine will want ! Don’t keyword stuff – write normally and users will engage more and will be more likely to share your web page on social media or link through to your website giving you a back link.
6. Images – make sure you optimise file size, for example page speed is now an important factor – see gtmetrix. Add alt tags to images as search engines cannot read images – the alt text is what they read. Plus it would hurt to kept the file name relevant to the terms your are targeting.
7. URL names – very important – keep it relevant and on topic again this is what search engines read – for example if you are using wordpress change perma links to post name instead if just the basic setting of page8 etc.
8. Internal linking – now that you have your content on your page you can start referencing to other pages on your website – choosing the rank anchor text is important – instead of using ‘click here’ – highlight the keyword that is relevant for example if your text contains the word ‘Seo help in Bristol’ link to the Seo page on your website! This is not only good for search Engines but also good from a user experience point of view.
Those are some basic tips- we hope you find them useful and if you need any help why not contact a Bristol Seo company today.
You may find this link from Google helpful