Who in the computer scenario can claim ignorance about the crucial role of the web-developer and his assigned place of importance in the scheme of things, especially in the field of web page design creation? To be more precise, the web developer specialises in developing web applications, using his creative vision and technical ability. They use their professional expertise in developing e-commerce solutions, content management systems and other activities that engulf the web. Their involvement in the technical aspects of a web program necessitates an excellence in math and problem solving ability. Although most of them are also called web programmers, their ability and skill far exceeds that of a conventional programmer.
The other tasks commonly related to the web development are web content enhancement, client liaison, security configuration of the network and server, server/ client side scripting, development of e-commerce and web design. Web development directly relates to the non-design aspects of creating a website like coding or writing markup.
These unique experts work on highly diversified, dissimilar projects and make fully functional use of graphical user interface and a web browser in developing their products. Checking whether their applications of developed web, using the cross-browser are compatible to work on the different browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari and Internet Explorer is another important benefit accruing from their involvement.
Web development has mainly two sides, front-end and back-end development. Front-end development is that part of web discipline that focuses on client related aspects where the User-
Interface functionality is a vital aspect of their work. They determine the looks and behaviour of the website. It also includes the functioning of a hyperlink, scrolling up and down and the working of multimedia.
The back-end developers focus on the server-side of the web. They develop everything related to the servers, which, though physically unseen, you can only experience on the websites. For instance, they are the developers of the codes used to manage, process, distribute and arrange the data used in the webpage.
Skill of a Web-Developer
Benefits a web developer can usher into your organisation in a Nutshell
- The commercialisation of the web and its growth (for selling the services and goods to the customers buying online) depends on the efforts of these web developers.
- With the help of new technologies and set of tools, the web developers create more interactive and user-friendly website designs in Bristol.
- These professionals help to keep the media distribution and information decentralised.
- The web-developers configure the web services in such a way that it allows the users, irrespective of the geographical location, to interact easily without being attached to any one workstation.
- Web developers contribute to a dramatic and positive transformation in the commerce and communication fields like the online auctions or commercial establishment of sites like eBay that have completely transformed the very basics of online product purchases
- These web-developers make sure that the site is working before launching it among the public.
- A web developer also contributes to Server Port Hardening, which ensures keeping the web serves safe and preventing intrusions.