Functions of a Microsoft PowerPoint – great design in Bristol
Microsoft has developed a program called Microsoft PowerPoint to present slide shows. Officially declared open on May 22, 1990, this innovative program is highly versatile and ensures you communicate with your audience effectively and successfully. It is frequently employed in varying manners by both the private and public sector workers to educate masses on various subjects to help the computerised slide shows that make the presentation interesting. Presentation plays a very significant role not only for communicating with prospective clients but also for updating and communicating with coworkers within the same office. Good presentations have the potential of creating superb first impressions. These help conveying important and difficult business messages and building profitable business associations and worthwhile ventures.
Though completely digital, the functioning of PowerPoint is quite like usual slides, meaning that you can present the required information on the screen. You may have to slide containing, logos, photos, graphs, words, web design screen grabs and movies too, and organise their flow from one point to another or show information at suitable times.
Outline to Set Up a PowerPoint
Before the introduction of digital presentation it was a common practice to use cards or an outline for making one’s presentation. Now, one can make use of PowerPoint to show the key points under discussion while presenting the show. It helps keeping the audience to remain focused on the topic under discussion while dissuading the presenter from losing track.
Presentations prepared using PowerPoint offer the facility of including graphs, photos and movies. For instance, when a company wants to demonstrate the extent by which its sales increased over a defined period, it can make use of graphs to make an interesting presentation. Likewise, one can incorporate photos and audio or video clips to retain the interest of the audience
PowerPoint Functions allow you to save in JPG Format
If you created a file and would want to preserve as a picture or a JPG file, PowerPoint allows you to export the same. Now, you can utilise this exported JPG for other applications. You may include this in your slide show or send it to others via email.
‘Custom Animation’ feature from Microsoft PowerPoint gives a boost to your slide show so as to arrest the attention of viewers by flashing moving objects and words.
Positive and negative features of PowerPoint from Microsoft
- It allows you to prepare colourful, eye-catching designs to help invigorate typical templates plus themes. Modification is easier, compared to other visuals like charts, and you can conveniently drag and drop slides to change the order during presentations; it helps maintaining eye contact with a huge audience as you just need to use a keystroke for advancing slides. So, you do not require handouts for pursuing your message.
- •Speakers need to prepare slides when they want to make a presentation rather than organising, outlining and concentrating on a point under discussion.
- The inherent nature of PowerPoint slides compels you to shrink difficult topics to a series of bullet points, which are not powerful enough to convey the difficulty level of the issue at hand. This could delay decision making.
- You would necessarily require a computer along with projection apparatus for displaying your slides to spectators.
Tips for deriving the most from PowerPoint
- Keep the number of slides to a minimum
- Incorporate contrasting colours while designing slides
- The font should be sufficiently big, so that the audience can read on the screen of the projector
- Avoid using too many animation features
- It is imperative to hold the attention of your audience; else they may doze off.